We usually have the menu sorted out by now, but running a little late this year. The exciting news is that our guest list has more than doubled in size. Sister-in-law Rebecca and family are joining for the festive day. Here’s what we have planned (so far):
- Roasted turkey and gravy (turkey sourced from Wolfe Spring Farm, I hope)
- Mashed potatoes
- Fresh cranberry orange relish (so easy you’ll never go canned again)
- Homemade stuffing ( bye, bye Pepperidge Farm. DIY recipe)
- Roasted acorn squash
- Sauteed green beans with garlic
- Crispy Caramelized Brussel Sprouts
- Pumpkin Pie
That’s it for now – I am sure I missed something. Will prepare shopping list by Friday and need to consider what additional pots, pans and equipment we’ll need to sort out, too.
In case you are wondering, I do not eat turkey, not even on Thanksgiving. And, trust me, I don’t go hungry.