Our CSA Pick-up day is Saturday and I’m usually out of food, ideas and energy for creative home cooking by Thursday night. Quick review of this week’s recipes:
- Early Corn Chowder
- Grilled Trout with Tarragon
- Salsa Verde & Pico de Gallo
- Mustard-y Coleslaw
- Pasta al Pesto Genovese
- Grilled eggplant
But I’ve still got a few usable and useful items left, so it’s back to work tonight. I have the following left:
- 1/3 quart cherry tomatoes – dinner tonight
- Shallots and Garlic- dinner tonight,and these will last, so no hurry
- Zucchini – have plans for zucchini bread this weekend, so sit tight
- 1/2 head of cabbage – I’m out of ideas for you, cabbage head
- 1 ear of early drought corn – Sam was going to eat for dinner, but the crazy rows look uninviting
Krazy Korn is going in the compost bin.
We’ll have Salmon en Papillote and a green salad for dinner tonight. As I wrote in an earlier post, fish en Papillote is a simple to prepare dish for the kitchen weary. I’ll use the cherry tomatoes and shallots from my CSA pick-up, and then we’re ready again for Saturday’s stash.