We stopped in to say hello and Fred showed us around and invited us to breakfast the next day. The Lindenwood is one of my favorite places. Let me extol the virtues of the Lindenwood:
- Beautiful, historic Inn (ok, that’s table stakes for New England B&Bs)
- Tasteful, casual decor (read: no frilly canopies or curtains, no chintz and no stuffed animals).
- In ground swimming pool and hot tub and harbor views
- Well stocked Honor Bar (what’s not to love?)
- And friendly, warm, and fun Australian owner Jim King and innkeeper Fred
Hubs and I have stayed here numerous times, and have even dragged some friends here, all of whom loved it. Fred and team prepared a yummy breakfast featuring all sorts of blueberry-based home baked goodies like
Blueberry Rum cake. Moist and delicious. Yum. After sampling the baked treats and some fresh fruit salad, the chef prepared a vegetarian version of eggs Benedict for me, with mushrooms and spinach in place of ham, topped with an orange beurre blanc sauce. Delish.
Thank you for breakfast, Fred! We hope to see you soon.