While our menu is pretty much set for Thanksgiving, I thought I would take a few minutes to share my 5 “Wish List” recipes – all original, homemade and perfect for Thanksgiving. These recipes intrigue me and are going in the file for this winter, or maybe a last minute switcher-ooo come Thursday…
The recipes all come from fellow foodie bloggers and members of the Village Green Network, so props to these great home cooks and writers.
- Butternut Squash Gratin from OhLardy!. The most gorg presentation – serve squash in baby pumpkins! Picture at right courtesy of OhLardy!
- Pissota: An Old World Olive Oil Cake from Nourishing Joy. The author was inspired by her sister who lives in Spain, but the recipe is classic Italian (near and dear to my own heart)
- Pumpkin Pie Meringue Candy by Ditch the Wheat. I am a sucker for anything meringue.
- Roasted Sage Squash with Honey by Whole Green Love. Roasting squash and root vegetables make for a healthy and tasty side dish, and I like the honey + sage combo.
- Crockpot Caramelized onions from Empowered Sustenence. Caramelized onions are so simple and delicious.